WATERMAN SS-250 SERIES STAINLESS STEEL SLIDE GATES are engineered for excellent sealing while providing maximum resistance to corrosion. The gates feature Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW) sliding and seating surfaces, dissimilar from the gate slide material, resulting in low coefficient of friction while maintaining superior corrosion resistance.
SS-250 Series Slide Gates may be specified with optional type 316 stainless steel for use in unusually corrosive environments such as hydrogen sulfides or salt water.
NSF 61 / NSF 372 The SS-250 series water control gates (6” – 120”) conform to the requirements of NSF/ANSI 61 Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects and NSF/ANSI 372. They conform with the lead content requirements for “lead free” plumbing as defined by California, Vermont, Maryland, and Louisiana state laws and the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Designed to maintain leakage at 1/2 that allowed by AWWA standard.
- Custom designed to meet seating and unseating heads per application, incorporating AWWA safety factors
- Available in normal aperture configurations, channel (embedded or bolted), or as weirs (downward opening)
- Available as self-contained gates
- Gate frames may be embedded in channel walls, mounted to a wall with anchor bolts, mounted to pipe flange, or wall thimble
- Extension stems and separate operators available